Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Harvesting the City


I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year. And not just because I have an excuse to wear cream cashmere. For one thing, it’s so inspiring. I love the chance to swap out my planters and window boxes for something in deep rich colours and replace my cotton throws with cozy mohair and wool. A stroll through the park is invigorating; foliage above and a sweet rustic smell in the air. For homesellers, it’s a great time of year to put their best foot forward without breaking the bank. Who knew that a quaint arrangement of pumpkins, mums and greens could make a front door so welcoming? 

It's especially this time of year that I love to roam the city and hit my favourite spots for my Fall musts.

The Halifax Seaport Farmer’s Market is my stop for harvest fruits and veggies. I also love the idea of growing my own herbs.  

I will also pop by home stores like Attica and 31 Westgate for cozy updates like these.

And no Fall Friday evening would be complete without a sampling of Bishop’s Cellar’s best reds.

Happy Fall Nesting!